Friday, May 27, 2011

Hush Hush

My title is pretty appropriate since I've been hush hush in the blogosphere. Well am back with a bang and hopefully it will show in my frequent posts.


Well back to the real reason for the title...

Are you a hush hush Christian?

I was just thinking the other day, do I act differently when I'm around guys who are not Christians, and by acting differently I mean: Do I act neutral in that my words or deeds do not truly reflect who I am?

Am I afraid that I might be labelled a holy joe or better yet a Jesus Freak?

I have found that at times I tend to be silent on some issues with the fear that I may sound old fashioned and too spiritual. In most of these cases I find that I end up conforming to the worldly standards.

Well, I just want to encourage all of us out there who might be struggling with this issue in that we don't have to be hush hush, we don't have to condone things we do not necessarily agree with... there's nothing wrong with standing out for all the right reasons.

So today choose to stand and let it be known that you and not ashamed to be called a Christian.

To echo Barlow Girl's song.. "How can we be silent when a fire burns inside us?"

Let them remember that we were here!!

Ciao.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He who does not stand for something will fall for anything... Great post.

Born Again?! said...

Very true, thanks

Life Signatures said...

nice read

Born Again?! said...

Thanks Lawrence